I do think that the setting in Huck Finn could count as another character in the book. Mark Twain does a good job describing the setting to the point where it feels like your there. For explain when Huck and Jim find the dead man and all of his belongings, he explained what was all there in great detail. And when the two of them find the cave on the island, he explains what it looks like, to where it feels like your there. So I would consider the setting of the book as another character.
I agree, that the setting counts as another character. I also agree that it feels like your there, because Mark Twain goes into great detail about the setting to where you are able to visualize it and feel like you are with all of the characters by the river.
ReplyDeletei would have to agree that mark twain does a good job of making the setting seem so real, i felt durring that part that i was there and could understand wat they were going through. i feel that mark twain is placing the setting in a good way the way a setting should be like you are supossed to feel like you can realae to the book and feel like you were there because you werent there and he wants you to know what it was like. I to woud like to agree about the setting being anether character because when mark twain decribes the river and the places he is in he explains them as if he is talking about a person.
ReplyDeleteI agree that it seems like the setting acts as another character. It is very detailive and the setting is a very important part of the book. he uses the detail of the setting to create the feel of characterization. I completely agree, the setting does count as another character in "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn".
ReplyDeleteI agree with the statement of the setting being a separate character of the book, because if you were to change the setting the book would be completely different just as it would if you were to change the personality of Huck. Mark Twain develops the setting through the era and how people were in the times. Racism thrived promoting a harsh environment for slaves like Jim. Say you were to change the environment and put it into todays time and then Jim would not have such a hard time nor would he be persecuted because today African Americans and Caucasians are not separated.
ReplyDelete@ May5- You need to support your assertions with details and quotes from the text. You have to back up what you're saying. Also, you have several spelling errors. Be careful of that! Proofread!
ReplyDelete_________________________________________________
@ anoice- You are making me so proud! Your comments are so thoughtful and intelligent. I like that you aren't just going from post to post and saying the same thing over and over. You've done a great job of showing that you really understand what I'm looking for! Thanks!
ReplyDelete_________________________________________________